Saturday, June 7, 2008

Crabs

I love crabs.





Three years ago, I wasn't into crabs as I am quite lazy to remove the shell. I just have no interest until I met my boyfriend.

One day, he brought me to No Signboard at Esplanade. Still remembered pestering him to teach me how to deshell the crabs effectively. We had chilli crabs and man tou and I was so hooked to crabs after that. And I loved the man tous. My record was 10 man tous at one go (according to dear.. he counted).

Tried Long Beach Chilli Crabs (with dear) and Jumbo black pepper crab (with my collegues).

On a weekday last week, dear met with his friend for dinner and I went to Don's for Crab bee hoon (my second time).

On Sunday, I had the famous crab bee hoon in Ang Mo Kio. There are two shops there and they are owned by brothers. We went to Melben. We had two types - bee hoon and chilli crab. The chilli crab is nothing special but the soup bee hoon is sooo good.

We had two medium crabs and there were huge. Recalled seeing the next table having large crabs and the pincers were GIGANTIC. Unfortunately, no pictures were taken as my hands were filled after waiting for half an hour for the food.

Argh... I will go there again.. Oh.. and Melben is so much cheaper than No Signboard. Hee.. Yummy.. Too bad they are going to close for renovations next month. I am getting hungry.

The address will replace the photos:
Melben Seafood
Blk 232 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 #01-1222
Tel: 62856762
Opening hours: 5-11pm

No comments: