Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Penang Food Trail - Joo Hooi Cafe

This is my favourite coffee shop as it serves my favourite Asaam Laksa.
Joo Hooi is located at 475 Jalan Penang Road and it is opened from 12pm to 5.30pm.
Finding the coffeeshop isnt easy and one can easily pass it without noticing it as it has a small obscured entrance.

My very first encounter with Assam Laksa was at Old Town in Kuala Lumpur last year. 
Ever since, I loved Asaam Laksa and can't wait to try the authentic version in Penang!

Assam laksa is thick rice vermicelli in fish broth. 
The texture of the vermicelli is soft and springy. 
Despite the abundance of garnishes served(i.e. cucumbers, onions, mint etc. ), I love this dish even though I am not a veg person. 

Assam Laksa (RM 3.50) approximately SGD 1.40 - 2 bowls



Popiah (RM 3.20) approximately SGD 1.30



















Rojak (RM 4)  approximately SGD 1.60
Char Kway Tei (RM4) approximately SGD 1.60

Chendol (RM2.50) approximately SGD 1 - 2 bowls
Perfect for a ultra hot day

We also ordered a Barley drink at RM 1.30  approximately SGD 0.50 - 3 glasses



Total Cost : SGD 10.80

No comments: