Sunday, November 11, 2012

Carousel

Carousel - I have been to Carousel several times but wasn’t very impressed with the buffet spread even though it was supposedly to be on par with The Line at Shangri-La. However, my impression of Carousel got slightly better during my recent visit for my boyfriend’s nephew 1 year birthday celebration.

They have recently introduced a teppanyaki live cooking station, where there are live prawns, beansprouts and garlic rice. This is the first time that I actually loved the cooked food section of a buffet and I could just took at least 2 to 3 servings of teppanyaki food.

Although I am a buffet lover, the focus is typically centered on the cold seafood and desserts, rather than the cooked food section. I usually find the cooked food taste normal, hence its not worth the effort to go for another round.

There are two highlights at Carousel:
1. Live Prawns – I know this is cruel but I love the tanginess of the prawns with this cooking style. I must admit I am no animal conservationist. 
2. Nespresso – A Nespresso machine where you have a choice of several coffee blends. However, the variety of tea is lesser, probably due to the Nespresso machine. I am not complaining. 

Cold seafood was normal, i.e. oysters, clams, crayfish etc.
As for desserts, nothing significantly good. Although they have introduced a second strawberry chocoloate fondeau. Also, there are cakes where you can coat them with chocolate.

Will I go back?


Depends if my usual buffet places are fully booked. I will consider. There are things that we value – lobsters, oysters, desserts, price for quality etc. The teppanyaki is good but its not a compelling factor for a second trip back

Rating
Yummy-ness of food: 3/5
Pricy-ness of food: 3/5
Overall Experience: 3/5 










No comments: