Sunday, February 8, 2015

Shashlik

Shashlik Restaurant
545 Orchard Road, Far East Shopping Centre #06-19 
Closed on Monday
6732 6401

This is a Russian restaurant and has been there since 1986.
Shashlik was opened by a group of ex-employees from the very first Russian Restaurant, Troika.
Troika was in Bras Basah back in 1943.

I still remembered that was the venue of our first V day dinner 8 years ago.
Back then, we ordered the Pork Shashlik and Baked Alaskan and I could never forget the warm buns being served there. 

I decided to try their Beef Shashlik with Russian Salad ($29) on this visit.
For desserts, I tried out the Banana Flambe and Cherry Jubilee.

Will I come back again?
In terms of experience, the decor is dated and reminds you of the quaint old diner serving Western food.
Pricing is fairly steep for the food served. 

No comments: