Sunday, August 11, 2013

Honeymoon Special #1 - Sampling Horse Meat

Musashi Sushi
604-8008 Kyoto Sanjo Kawaramachi Nakagyo well Ebisu town 440
Telephone: 075 222 0634
Opening Hours: 11am to 10pm

===========================================

Heard a lot of reviews about Musashi Sushi. 
It is a conveyor belt sushi where each plate cost JPY 137 (approximately SGD 1.80). 

The sushi was good, i.e. proportion of meat versus rice is generous (as compared to the ones found in Singapore). However, the amount of wasabi in each sushi is also very generous too. 

Nevertheless, we enjoyed ourselves and had a total of 19 plates of sushi. 

We have came across one of the things that we have always wanted to try - horse meat !
Although I always wanted to try the cooked version, we decided to give it a try and get this off our list. 
I have wanted thought that trying Parma Ham would equip me with the ability to try out raw meat, but I was soo wrong. 

The picture below is the horse meat sashimi. The horse meat was tough. I could not really taste the meat as there was a generous layer of ginger (I am not complaining!). The cream coloured sushi was the mane. It was much tougher as compared to the horse meat. 

Nevertheless, I am quite happy that I finally tried it!
I spoke to one of my Japanese colleague and I understand that horse meat is not that commonly found in Japan, especially in a conveyor belt. Guess we are lucky then as I have came across many similar conveyor belts restaurant in Osaka and Kyoto serving horse meat. 

Will I try horse meat again?
No. 

Will I come back again?
Sure, definitely. It is value for money although it is quite far from our hotel. 







No comments: