Sunday, August 11, 2013

Honeymoon Special #2 - Sampling Puffer Fish (aka Fugu)

玄品ふぐ
530-0027 Osaka, Kita-ku, Osaka Doyama town 4-17
Telephone: 06 6311 0129
Opening Hours: 5pm to 12 midnight

===========================================

We came across this restaurant as we saw this tank filled with puffer fish near our hotel. 
This is one of the items that we wanted to try. 

The restaurant has lots of fugu inspired paintings on the walls. 

An English guide is provided to us on the correct way to sample fugu. 
We ordered the Fugu Tessa (Thin Sashimi)  JPY 980


This is the ponzu sauce to go with the sashimi. 
I like the texture of the fugu sashimi. It's crunchy and chewy and makes you want to take another piece after that. 



We also ordered the Ponzu Tecchiri (Hotpot) JPY 1,980


Will I try fugu again?
Yes, I will. I can't wait to try all the other parts of the puffer fish.
Also, I was a bit worried when I tried it for the first time, reason being the ponzu sauce is is quite spicy and it makes me wonder if the burning sensation is due to the poison in the puffer fish poison or the sauce.

Will I come back again?
Yes, definitely. 

No comments: