Monday, September 5, 2011

51 Soya Bean Vs Lao Ban Soya Beancurd

Heard many raves about the beancurd stores at Old Airport Road - forever long queues all day long, possibility of being sold out etc.
I just have to try it for myself! We went at 10am in the morning.
I tried this a week ago. My brother bought this home the week before.

I really liked the texture. Light and soft, similar to jelly.

Lao Ban was only available at 11.30am. It was located near a famous kway chap stall, were queues formed even before the stall opens (Hmmm. will try this one of these days). We had to make sure we spotted the right queue for Lao Ban.


The texture is harder as compared to the earlier one. Beancurd is thicker and harder too. Similar to agar agar. 

Both stores serve cold beancurd.

My Ramblings... 
Worthwhile experience.

No comments: