Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lawry's The Prime Rib (Mandarin Gallery)

When I was young, the only place that I had steak was Jack Place.

For some reasons, I have stopped taking beef for about 6 years. 
A year ago, I tried the famous Kobe beef in Japan. 
It was so good, with its proportion of meat and fat makes it melt in your mouth.  

I have never tried steaks in a fine dining setting before as we would rather spend the same amount on a champagne brunch that served a wide variety of food (such as foie gras, fine de claire oysters etc). 

Recently, there was a 1 for 1 main course promotion for Lawry and we went to give it a try. 

I love the restaurant setting. It is very grand and makes you feel like you are currently in Europe. Only problem is we had a window seat, facing Heeren. 


Ordered a glass of red wine from France
Bread - I prefer the brown bread. It is soft.
The Famous Original Spinning Bowl Salad
What happened was their is a salad mixing bowl on top of a bed of ice. 
The waitress then put the ingredients in and mix it while she spins the bowl. 
After which, the salad is served on a cold plate with cold fork. 
Whipped Cream Horseradish to go with the steak - one of which taste like wasabi
Capsule-like carving station
We ordered the The Lawry's Cut (approximately SGD 82.90)
The prime rib dinner consists of Idaho mashed potatoes and Yorkshire Pudding. 
For side dishes, I ordered the Creamed Corn, Creamed Spinach and Buttered Peas to go with the Medium steak
This is my boyfriend's Well Done steak. 
Yorkshire Pudding

Rating





My Ramblings... 
The steaks were heavenly. 
It was thick and melts in your mouth. 
It is worth every single cent (even without the 1 for 1 promotion). 

To pay $100 for such quality meat provides with you similar satisfaction as a champagne brunch. It just depends on your purpose of this meal. 

The next place that we wanted to go - Morton!

No comments: