Monday, March 12, 2012

Akashabu

AKASHABU

5 Stadium Walk, #01-12 Kallang Leisure Park, Singapore
+65 6346 3868

================================

Somehow I've been visiting a few shabu shabu places recently.
Been here twice, really left a good impression on me. 

Usually start with a scallop sashimi and sushi platter, (Oops forgot to take a pic of the sushi platter.)
But the sushi was relatively well done. Kinda slow though. Fish was larger than the rice, small bits of rice, just the way I like it so that I don't get too full before the main course. (I'm really against those sushi places which give large lumps of rice to make you full, rice which are as large as the fish slices. Like example..... nvm... I'm sure some of you know the usual places which serve crude sushi...)

Oh well... Love the sushi here, you gotta try some of them....

Shabu shabu.... well... pretty pricy for my liking, but that the usual prices so... cant really complain.
Meats are pretty good, sauces are good. As with all shabu shabu, the temperature control and cooking timing are very key to the whole dish. Mess up the cooking and the meal would probably be not a good experience. Yep... I'm good with my temperature control so... can't really go wrong.

Love this place. Not too expensive overall. Even the sushi's pretty decently priced. SGD1 for a salmon sushi... Heys thats actually cheaper than a lot of places...

Rating
Yummy-ness of food : 5/5
Pricy-ness of food : 3/5 (Pretty reasonable. Approx SGD60++/2pax)
Overall Experience : 5/5 (I'll be back)

The dipping sauces

Huge scallop sashimi

No comments: