Saturday, October 4, 2008

Dim Sum Lunch @ Min Jiang

It has totally slipped my mind that I am starting work on Tuesday. Hence, decided to ba wo every minute of my day. Went to Goodwood Park Hotel to try their dim sum. Something which I have always wanted to try but have yet to do so.

There are a few standard dishes which I always order, namely

Egg Tarts & Mango Prawns - They are so good can. For the mango prawns, the pastries is so soft and springy. It is as if the chef just took it out from the oven. As for the egg tarts, the pastry is very soft yet crispy.

From Misc Photos
Char Siew Bao - I am very particular about this. The Goodwood one is quite ok-ish, except that it has a slight powdery aftertaste. But, I still prefer Tung Lok ones. I am quite fussy about the bao "skin". It has to be soft, smooth, fluffy and does not give you with any powdery aftertaste.

From Misc Photos

Pity I did not have the chance to try carrot cake, as well as dear favourites like siew mai, har gao etc. A bit difficult to finish all by myself leh.

Oh.. even the peanuts are good. Coated with a sweet sauce... Yummy.

From Misc Photos

They also have a dim sum buffet on Sundays from 8am to 10.30am. Recalled that there is an early bird price of $16.80 per person but forgot what time is it applicable for.

Rating - 10/10 (Awesome place. Definitely will go the next time, esp their dim sum buffet. )

As for dinner, met up with my JC friend for steamboat dinner at Suntec. The place is called Chinese Feasts- Chong Qing Hot Pot @ Suntec. Forgot about taking photographs. Cost about 30.90 ++ per person on Friday nights. Nevertheless, quite a good place to go for steamboat.

Then, went with another friend of mine for supper - Blk 85 market at Bedok.
Stingray at Chan's BBQ.

From Misc Photos

Yummy...

Rating - 10/10 (one of my supper haunts)

No comments: