Monday, October 13, 2008

My last day of being "jobless"

My last day of enjoyment.. Kicked off my day with a sumptuous breakfast from MacDonalds...

From Misc Photos

Followed by my all-time comfort food at Kuriya - Kaisen Nabeyaki Udon. Cost about 30 plus or so.. Love this meal because of the Ingredients!! One of the best nabeyaki udon that I have ever eaten!

It has prawns, clams, scallops, beancurd, mushroom, seaweed and egg - What else can I ask for? I have tried places that served lobster nabeyaki, somehow Kuriya still stands out. Oh.. They used orange peel in their soup base...

From Misc Photos

Proceeded for tea at The Cookie Museum, formerly known as V Tea Room. I am quite impressed with their "selling" though. Quite interesting on the history of this place.

I chanced upon this place four years ago. Then, they were selling cakes and tea (different types). They also serve Singapore favourites such as curry chicken etc. At that time, they have those dainty looking tea cups but somehow you will get those if you order certain drinks... I never figured out which though...

Brought a couple of friends there to try though. Overall experience pretty good. At that point in time, a decent cup of coffee or tea will set you back about 7 plus or so.

1-2 years ago, went there again with my friends.. Was so shocked when I saw the menu. It was like "double" the price for the same item. Left there and then... Din really feel the value of it...

Recently, decided to give it a try again cuz they have re-branded themselves again. Well, drinks remains equally expensive.. But, they have included an additional selling point - selling biscuits! You sip your tea. The waitress will then bring out a tray of biscuits for you to sample... Interesting flavours though - Flowers based, Singapore dishes (Chilli Crab, Nasi Lemak etc), Fruity etc...

I am quite impressed with their marketing strategy though. The possibility that a customer will buy the biscuits after sampling them is pretty high as

1. It goes well with tea

2. The waitress bothers to explain every single flavour...

Except me though. I am not a very huge biscuit fan and the each tin cost 35 bucks. Maybe I am just too cheapo. I will just stick to my Royal Coppenhagen for the time being...

Rating - 5/10 (As I said, I am impressed with their marketing strategy but I would still stick to my 7 plus cup of coffee)

Anyway, some pictures of the "ambience"

From Misc Photos


From Misc Photos
The tray of biscuits..

From Misc Photos

Met dear for dinner at Food Republic at Suntec. The Japanese restaurant Hamoru. Cost us less than 10 bucks per person and it quite a good spread... I would say quite value for money...

Dear's set

From Misc Photos
Mine...

From Misc Photos

No comments: