Friday, October 3, 2008

Executive Set Lunch @ Jumbo

Tried the Executive Set Lunch at Jumbo Restaurant yesterday. 36++ per person for Set Meal B - Chilli Crab Celebrations, which is a 5 course meal, comprising of:

Appetizers (from left to right) - Scallop Yam Ring, Seafood Bacon Roll and Chilled Mango Duck.

Loved the appetizers, esp the seafood bacon roll (although I could not taste the bacon) and chilled mango duck. As for the scallop yam ring, I was a bit disappointed as I could not taste the scallop, only the crispy yam ring.

Soup - Handmade dumpling in seafood broth.

The dumpling is ok-ish, looks like a mini xiao long bao though. made of a mixture of mushrooms, prawns etc. I am not a dumpling person so I prefer the broth instead.

Seafood - Deshelled Chilli Crab Claw with Man Tou

Waited quite some time for this dish. Perhaps the chefs were busy preparing the pincers and de-shelling it as quite a few patrons ordered this set.

The crab claw was de-shelled and in a single piece. Quite a small portion though. I would still prefer Long Beach or No Signboard as the sauce is quite spicy. I prefer a sweeter version.

Noodles - Jumbo Prawns XO Noodle

Was disappointed with this dish as I expected more prawns when the dish is called "Jumbo Prawns". Well, this dish reminds me of mee-pok noodle instead.

Desserts - Guihua Flower Champagne Jelly with Dragon Fruit

Overall Verdict - This is a good place to sample Jumbo Chilli Crab, and at the same time, sample other dishes. Ideal for quick lunches, where one is craving for chilli crab. Would not recommend trying this dish if one have the time to spare as one can just order the entire crab. Sometimes de-shelling the crab is a pleasure.

In terms of service, the place is pretty good as the waiter and waiteress were very observant and will proceed to serve you. For example, when I was waiting for my crab claw, at least 2 waiteress took the initiative to check with the kitchen.

This meal is provided for weekday and weekend lunches.

Details are as follows:

The Riverwalk 20 Upper Circular Road #B1-48 The Riverwalk

Tel: 6534-3435

Business Hours: Lunch 12.00pm - 2.30pm; Dinner 6.00pm - midnight

Finally, bought a nice tea-cup yesterday to enjoy my coffee at home. Hee..

No comments: