Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas 2010 - Turkey from Gastronomia

For the past few years, I have always ordered turkey from Paulaner, where the turkey cost about $138 for a 6 kg bird.

Paulaner serves good turkey but I have a bad habit, that is, I will avoid ordering the same things too many times from a single place.

Hence, for this year, I did all my research and chanced upon Gastronomia, which is part of Da Paolo group.
Their turkey cost $60 per kg, with a minimum weight of 3.5kg. The cheapest turkey will be about $210.

One unique feature about their turkey is that it is deboned.

This turkey is stuffed with quail eggs, duck liver, chestnuts, figs, fennel, seasoned with herbs and spices.
The sauce that comes with it is Sambuca sauce (which is an Italian anise-flavoued liquer)


Look at the generous amount of stuffing.
Normally, the stuffing is separate from the turkey.

My share

Bought cranberry sauces, just in case.
This is from Ocean Spray, which is very sweet and good.

I could not resist buying the doughnuts when I collected my turkey.
Look at the generous layer of sugar on it!
And this is one of the softest doughnuts I ever had!


Rating


My Ramblings...
I will definitely come back.
Usually, when I have turkey, I feel as if I am eating meat.
But the experience I get from Gastronomia is that I am having a meal.
That makes it so different.

One lesson that we learnt though - remember to serve the turkey from the middle and outwards.
Because the stuffing is not proportional.

No comments: