Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Chicken Hotpot

I was with my family when we came across this new hotpot place. 
Thinking that it was a steamboat place, we decided to give it a try. 

There are three types of hot pot - chicken, beef and prawn. 
And we can choose three levels of spicyness - none, mild and spicy. 




So where's the steamboat?

Apparently, there are two ways for the hot pot. Firstly, you will eat the food first. When you are halfway through, they will pour a standard soup base into the pot and you will get a steamboat. 

You can then purchase additional items to put into your pot, each item ranges from $1.50 to $3.50.

Rating
 
My Ramblings...
This is an innovative dish. 
But, i am still not used to the idea of having a claypot dish, followed by steamboat (using that same dish). 


I still prefer my soup base to be plain and not filled with sauces and spices. 


Also, the claypot dish is filling on its own already. 
So, why will I need to add soup base and spend money to buy more ingredients?


I will still stick with the traditional steamboat...

No comments: