Sunday, February 1, 2009

CNY - Melben Seafood

Went to Melben on Saturday after mahjong session.

Yusheng

Kangkong with Sambal Belachan

Fried Tofu

Man Tou

Butter Crab

It's mine... Ultra huge pincer

Crab Bee Hoon Soup


Rating:

Price

Quality

Quantity

Service

Overall


My Ramblings..

I find the yusheng very bitter, possibly due to the pomelo. As for the kangkong, it was too spicy for me (I have a weak stomach).

For the butter crab, was a bit disappointed as I expected it to be buttery and not creamy. On my previous visit, tried their chilli crabs. Somehow, I still prefer No Signboard or Long Beach.

The crab bee hoon soup is the best. Thick and buttery. However, doubt I will go there specially to queue for it without going with a group of friends.

Somehow, a 1 hour waiting time and confusing instructions by a group of waiter/waitress puts me off. When we arrived there, one of the waitress told her us to order before going in. While we choosing the dishes, another waitress was guiding a group of people in. When we asked them why did the group not order first, she replied that we should get a table and then go out and order again. They have like 6-7 waitress and each of them are doing their own thing.

I would rather go for a cheaper and faster alternative - Don's. It may not taste as good, but it is a good subsitute.

No comments: