Friday, November 21, 2008

Canele Patisserie

I always feel that Canele is overated. This is like my third or fourth time there and I am still not impressed. This will be last visit.

It all started with my friend recommending me this particular cake - with nutella content. I still remember how disappointed I was. Still prefer Marmalade Pantry's nutella cupcake. At least it has a thick slab of nutella on top.

Ordered the Croque Madame - Home made bread baked with ham, swiss gruyere cheese and sunny side up.


This is Chocolate Classico. The cake was soooo dry. The only thing that I liked about this place is the white slab of cream beside the cake.



Oh. And I ordered Rose Tea. The tea was so light that the colour was still white.

Rating:

Price


Quality


Quantity


Service


Overall


My Ramblings...


Disappointed is the word. The food was nothing fantastic. Although I quite like the christmas tree with chocolate bulbs item. But, beside selling pretty design stuff, I do not really crave for their food.

I used to go Canele to have tea. But, after yesterday, I decided this will be the last time. The rose tea was colourless and had a faint smell. It seems like water lor.

Service was bad. I literally had to wave and wave to get the necessary attention.

Well, maybe it's the preceived brand that attracted people there... Yes, it's the brand. I am not going there again.

No comments: