Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lunch at TWG Tea

Met up with ex-collegue for lunch last week and we went to TWG Tea at Republic Plaza. Both of us ordered their set meal of the week. The set menu comprises of a main dish, tea and dessert.

Main dish.. Something like sashimi with chopped onions with bread. A bit too light for my lunch though but understand from the waiter that their main dish changes every week.

Tea (similar to green tea. just a different variant)

Dessert (I do not remember what is it made of. All I know is that this tastes heavenly. The top crust is crispy and sweet and the cream is not too sweet yet rich. The crust at the bottom just ends it perfectly)

Rating:

Price

Quality

Quantity

Service

Overall


My Ramblings...


This is like one of the rare times where I will recommend this place even though I am upset with their service. Their waiters fall into two categories - one that know their stuff very well whereas the other just serve a customer because this is their job.

I was served by a waiter from the second group. I was quite cheezed off because:
1. He refused to let me change my tea,
2. "Blamed" me for not telling him earlier
3. When he FINALLY allowed me to change my tea, he charged me the full price of the new tea. I was like you might as well tell me I can't change -_-

Well, the dessert made me changed my perception of this place. And, when I went to their gift shop, I was very impressed by the tea knowledge that one of the waiter knows. He was the one who brewed the tea and knows every single tea in the place (Some background - the whole exterior of this place is nothing but different type of tea from different places. There is even tea on a year basis type).

Final conclusion - Choose the right guy!

No comments: